Wave2OTM addresses many of the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) - particularly those related to poverty reduction, health, gender equality, clean water and sanitation, affordable and clean energy, sustainable cities and communities, and climate action.
- Wave2OTM is a cost-effective alternative to the diesel-driven desalination systems that are currently in wide use worldwide. Wave2OTM deployments lower CO2 emissions and reduce costs and risks associated with fuel sourcing, transportation, storage, and handling;
- Five 4,000 m³/day Wave2OTM plants will eliminate 40,900 tons/year of CO2 - the equivalent of taking 7,100 cars off the road.
- Five 4,000 m³/day Wave2OTM plants can provide UN-mandated minimum daily water requirements for 240,000 people - half the population of our hometown of Boston, MA.
- Health Improvement: 1.1 billion people (1 out of 6 worldwide) lack access to clean drinking water and 2.6 million people, mainly children, die each year from water-related diseases;
- Gender Equality and Child Labor: Worldwide, women, and children spend approximately 200 million hours/day collecting water for domestic use. An estimated USD $29.5 million/day in increased economic activity could be generated if their time and energy were devoted to other, more productive, pursuits;
- Conflict: Water-related conflicts are a cause of global political and economic instability including migration and refugee crises;
- Poverty Reduction: Our business model provides for local capacity building in the markets we serve. We train a local workforce for operation and maintenance and local/regional fabrication and assembly resources are used to manufacture many Wave2OTM components